How To Have a Spooktacular and Safe Halloween
- Make sure all costumes, wigs and accessories are fire-resistant.
- Avoid masks which can obstruct vision.
- Make sure all makeup is nontoxic and remove all makeup before going to bed.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and treat bags or carry glow sticks.
- If children are trick or treating alone, make sure you agree on an acceptable time to return home.
- Teach your kids never to enter a stranger’s home or car.
- Tell your children not to eat any candy until they get home, and you can inspect it.
- Instruct your children to focus on what they’re doing and where they are walking; put all electronic devices away.
- If you’re driving tonight, watch for children on roadways, medians and curbs and be extra careful when entering or exiting driveways.
- Walk. Don’t run.
Source: National Safety Council